Sunday, September 03, 2006

we took turns breaking into tears

3-10-6


******


Bounmy, Phosy & Phady all bought me a cabin. They're going back to Florida. I had come over to say goodbye. And I broke into tears because of their generosity.


"Where is it," I asked. I was shown a Polaroid of one of them on the steps, sitting with Santa Claus. I'm so touched. They really wanted me to have my own house.



**********


DK asks me what kind of protection I've been using. We just had unprotected sex.


"Abstinence."


3-12-6


*******


I am looking for ways beside the same old writing it down that I can do "for art" --- something like this...


3-14-6


********


I was in a self-imposed poetry retreat in a little shack in the middle of a wooded swampland that's full of alligators. There's also a resident lion. They all only came out at night. My shack had no door, so any one of the animals could have entered. But only the lion ever did.


Once, a group of people walked by in the dark. I called out to them. I asked them where they are going. I hurried to join their group before I lost them to the dark.

"Why are you walking with us," one of them asked. I told them about the gators.

"I could never walk alone or far in the dark," I said.


*****


DB's in same office building I'm in. He's working a though Wednesday. I visited him throughout the day. The receptionist at the bottom of the stairs paged me to tell us that DB & "friends" (whom he'd been anticipating) were due to arrive in two weeks. They must have just called... Kate Casa in a big headline story in The Reformer... she was exposed in some employer mismanagement of her restaurant. Some disgruntled employee thing... I told DB.


"Sorry I didn't tell you sooner." He could have broken down in tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home